Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The World is but a Stage....

My old theatre group performs this weekend... I think it'll be interesting to watch..

Not as a part of the audience watching a piece of entertainment...but i guess more in terms of knowing fully well what goes behind attempting to put up a successful production.

I miss doing theatre. It was really one the things i truly enjoyed doing and I dont believe ive found anything equivalent that gives you that sort of satisfaction.

I guess one of the things i fancied most about theatre were the energy levels that were extracted. Something I'd probably never experience working a 9-5 job.

Being a part of a theatre group its not always about the actors... you come to see that there are so many people who sweat and toil over a period of time so that a random bunch of people are entertained for over an hour...
Thats when I realized that if your gonna break your back over something, you might as well enjoy doing it. I met so many people, made a lot of friends and had the greatest of times getting together with every one who was a part of the group. Im pretty sure we're gonna remember some of the stuff we did for a very long period of time. Coz a lot of us ended up entertaining a lot of people off stage rather than on.

I thought id put up this post after the weekend and be my own little critic. But I dont think I'd do that coz it would only reinforce how much I really want to act. Instead I think its better to put this up before, set myself up for a good weekend and come away smiling that I was part of it at some point in time...

I may not be a part of theatre anymore but.....


I hold the world but as the world,
A stage where every man must play a part,
And mine a sad one....


1 comment:

whines said...

I miss theatre too!! Though I haven't really done anything significant since school...but I really do miss being on stage...