Monday, March 20, 2006

A Nightmare Inside a Dream...


Even though I've been dreaming a lot this year, I never had a nightmare until last night.
I have some really weird and strange dreams but nothing that woke me up scared in a sweat and in the shits. As a kid I remember watching Stephen Kings IT... that Clown scared the hell outta me and I dint sleep to well post that movie. Under 10, when I watched Masters Of the Universe Skeletor made for a frightful villain. I've dreamt about snakes, but that's a different story.
Its been a while since I had my last nightmare and I cant remember seeing anything scary on tv or witnessing or reading about anything remotely scary in the recent past.

Of course now I cant remember too much of it. But it involved this girl i know and she was definitely not herself. I don't really know her all that well and we've met like a couple of times but we're in touch once in a while and she has the sweetest disposition.
I cant remember how she came to be that way or what the hell entered her but I sure as hell remember we were chilling and the next thing I know, I was trying to stay alive.

It definitely felt like one of those horror movies like Nightmare on Elm street where I could have had Freddy Kruger on my ass. Or like that Hindi movie Bhoot.

The whole thing was soo real. I actually woke up in a bit of a sweat and I could hear my heart beating fast and loud.

The empty department store in the middle of the night I was escaping from, nothing Id ever seen in my life but recreated into something that could definitely exist somewhere. Im running as hard as I can inbetween the counters pulling everything down I see to slow her down.
Her face is no more that sweet child like appearance I know. In fact I dont even think its her anymore. Im shouting her name out aloud and I'm running hard..
My hands quiver whilst putting this down.
The next thing I know Im in an apartment running strait for the first door I see and of course she's after me with the sharpest knife I'd ever seen. I know its menacing coz its long its big and its freakin gleaming.
I manage to get behind the door and with all the adrenalin I have left I try to hold it back. Theres some serious pounding of the knife on the door happening and she's hysterically screaming and banging on the door real hard. After all that loud hysterical screaming of hers and the pounding of the knife and the banging, it stops.
Silence.... not a sound.

I wait a while and then I wait some more. Nothing.

Gathering all the guts I have left, I open the door. The apartments empty no one's inside. At this stage im a lil more freaked than I was behind the door. I make my way down stairs.
Its broad day light. Kids are playing around like its a holiday.
I start to search for her frantically down the street and everywhere around, there's just no sight of her.

Finally I call her. Its her, she's normal again and heading to a friends place which I know is far out. She talks to me like she knows nothing n everythings normal.

I wake up.

What the fuck was that all about?

No comments: