Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Lord of......?


Most people already know what they want to do with their lives. At least most people I know. They go abroad get an education, come back and then work with the family business. Or some people do the same without a family business; instead they get a job abroad and pretty much start working their way up. Being fully content with what they're doing they have some idea where their heading lest they know where they're at and its really not that bad or rather anythin to complain about.

My breed of people adheres to those who dont have a freakin clue of what they want to do with their lives. Yes I do have a long term plan but its really quite sketchy at this point considering all the steps that lead up to it are getting steeper...
So when somebody asks me what Im doing at this point, I have a clear-cut answer which satisfies some steps in order to reach a higher plain. Yes, the higher plain.
Seeing as its really easy to talk about , getting there will most definitely prove to be a problem. Why?
I forgot to mention that my breed of people, well, we like to take our lives a quarter of a mile at a time...... so down the '8 mile' road I dont know whats waiting....

I remember every significant movie I saw left a last lasting impression on me. Ever since a kid id leave a movie theatre or if im sittin at home id always wonder what it would be like to lead that life. Or if I read a book same thing... so yeah I wouldnt mind being Michael J. Fox for a day just to get a glimpse of what my future's going to be like........

dreams is really what they are at the end of the day...
But then if you dont have dreams... you dont have anything...

The last movie I saw?


The Lord of War...
its got nick cage...and its based on some true incidents...
The guy is basically an arms dealer..... who starts out with zilch....
Did you know?

There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet.
So I guess the only question is: How do we arm the other 11? Im not going to answer that coz I jus may be on the 6'o'clock news for the wrong reasons..

another interesting piece of information I picked up from the movie...
Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the worlds most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, suicidal novelists. One thing's for sure, no one's lining up to buy their cars......

and no... its not a career option for me... its a shout out to check the movie out..

So yeah whatever you choose to get into, you have to know your shit....and if your good at it you'll sure as hell enjoy doing it..... even if that means dealing in arms or sittin on a secluded beach being a part of community isolated from the rest of the world.. and the only thing ure good at is....well, rolling joints.
The point is our eternal search ends at finding something we're so good at doing we'd never think of doing anythin else simply because you have a sense of feeling that you were born to do it (yes these people do exist). That I believe will definitely lead to the happiness we want, where in lies our peace of mind.


As of now Im turning out to be the Lord of Dreams.....with the possibilities being endless.... and one dream building on another....... I dont know where Im heading always wondering whats waiting down that road.......


So I wonder if the future holds me to be
The Lord of................?

No comments: