Wednesday, May 31, 2006

BRACE YOURSELF - PART I

Tuesday, May 9th

Sailor calls me in the evening. I haven't spoken to him in a while and it's a nice surprise. Being in the merchant navy he's in the city 2 maybe 3 times a year. So its always nice catching up with him and having to hear about his escapades at various ports around the world.

"I’m passing by in 10 mins, I'll give you a call when I'm downstairs".

"Sure thing, I'll see you soon".

I make my way down and looking at me with a big wide grin is none other than Btax. Btax always has this knack for surprise visits. He's done it to me a couple of times before and the best part is I have never had a clue.

"When the fuck did you get here", I walk over and give him a hug.

"Today afternoon, I'm here for a week".

"You know what that means". Sailor adds in.

I can already see the week unfolding. It’s definitely going to be one long week. Whenever Btax is in town you know its gonna get crazy.

"We're off to the Train Spree for dinner, why don’t you join us?"

When he says dinner he really actually means Drinks with appetizers. Dinner is really outta the question.

"Sorry man, but I've got guests home for dinner. Gimme a call on your way back, we'll meet up for a bit".

We smoke a cigarette and he leaves. I head back upstairs wondering what’s going to happen tonight.

At 11:30 my phone rings. It's Btax.

"Are you getting out?" His slur and the loud music tell me he's had more to drink than appetizers.

"Yeah but only for an hour, I've got work tomorrow!". I've got to forewarn him right from the start coz otherwise my boss will have me sleepin with the fishies.

"We'll see about that", he says with a snarl. Its the same snarl that Agent Smith uses when he tells Neo, "You hear that Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability" Right before he's gonna get hit by that train. Fortunately Neo escapes. That train has already run me over.

The car ride is a noisy one till we get to his place. Its one of those rare moments where only one of us is inebriated around the other.

We get there. Sailor is explaining to me why he traded in his old car for the new one he's driving now when Btax says, "You see ScarrsS, we'rre on the 3rd floor. Yourrr in the basement. You need to get up here".

He pulls out a 1.75 liter bottle of Jack Daniels.

Fuck. That’s a lotta Bourbon.

"You know what Btax, I’m already on the freakinn roof" I couldn't fathom the size of that bottle.

He pulls out the coke, I carry the bottle and sailor takes the glasses. Only that Sailor breaks a glass, Btax drops the ice and I need to take all of it.

The first couple of drinks are slow. Your sipping your drink slowly and trying to act civilized. Once Mr. Jack shakes your hand, you know it’s nice to meet him.

Fast-forward an hour n a half. I’m down 8 whoppers of Jack n Cokes n I’m singing really loudly.
It’s definitely time to leave. Only I look at Btax, Btax looks at me, I look at Sailor and Sailor looks at me. We all look at each other. We crack up hysterically.
Finally after 5 rounds of "we'll leave after this song", I drive Sailors car to my place. I'm at that stage where I haven't completely let go. So the speed limit isn't scary.
I drop myself back and somehow Btax convinces Sailor he'll drive. I cross my fingers, touch some wood and make my way up.

I slip into my room switch my vaio on and start typing my previous post. I get a glance at the time its 3:00, I'm sleepin with the fishies.

4 comments:

KM said...

what you wrote on my blog, the comment, was beautiful.
did u come up with it urself?
i mailed it to a few friends...and they couldnt/wouldnt believe a guy had written it.
it hit home!!

GuNs said...

hey,
Why arent you posting anymore?

GuNs said...

ALmost a month.
Where is the next post you promised?? [:-P]

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read suzuki vitara v6 midget penis Black girls hardcore vids 14425 How long xanax stay in your system Personalised incorporation programme