Sunday, October 04, 2009

The end of the world.... or so they say.

I received an email on 2012 the other day. It's a movie directed by Roland Emmerich the same guy who's made 'Independence Day' & 'The Day After Tomorrow'. Both very larger than life films. Apparently according to selective groups of people in the world, we are destined(scientifically/non-scientifically) to see the end of our world in the year 2012. Which is yes, in our very own lifetime. The reasons that these people seem to have, have been posted in my previous post. I'm not a scientist or a priest or a philospher, I'm just a curious guy like most other people. I want to know whether this is a possibility. Or more so if there was evidence linked to it, would the people who knew about it actually disclose it. I think it's pretty unpredictable to say how us human beings would react if we knew the world was coming to an end and there wasn't a damn thing we could do about it. I guess all of us would like to do different things, or be with certain people. But as movies have shown us what seems most likely to occur is wide spread panic. Now if this we're the case, the people who have evidence of this or rather who were smart enough to gather evidence of this are probably smart enough not to disclose it for the above mentioned reasons. Or at least not yet. 2012 is still a couple of years off. So are there preparations being made to save our species that we do not know about?

Your probably thinking that I watch too much tv. And you know what... your probably right. But I like to imagine these hypothetical situations where tomorrow we wake up and realize that for every day till 2012 our days are numbered. It would probably seem like making an effort to do anything would be absolutely pointless. Most people would be encompassed by a 'whats the point?' attitude.

Now I'm still trying to figure what the point was about this post, I seem to have lost it somewhere. I guess there are so many things that happen in this world for which we have no answers. Scientists would probably say that there probably is an explanation. But I know for a fact that there are things that happen for which there are no answers. Now all of us fear what we do not understand. But what if the world was actually coming to an end? It's happened once before, I don't see any dino's outside my window. Why can't it happen again? I know.. so many what if's and so many why's. But what with global warming and ozone depletion it seems like we're doing a pretty good job of shaking the normal order/balance of things.
In that case wouldn't the natural order or balance be to press the reset button?

Somehow I'm reminded by the caption of my blog....

You hope, and you dream but you never believe that something is going to happen for you, not like it does in the movies and when it actually does you expect it to feel different more visceral, more real..... I was waiting for it to hit me.

No comments: